Where does Satsum get personal information from?
We collect personal information from a range of sources:
- when you visit our website(s);
- when you order or register on our site
- when responding to one of our online or email surveys or questionnaires; or
- when using one of our products or services, (together, our “Services”)
Because our business revolves around helping organizations (our “Clients”) to reach and better understand their customer base, we may also receive customer information from those Clients, so that we can help them get in touch with their customers or analyze the information they have about their customers.
What personal information do we collect?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
When responding to one of our surveys we may collect email address, location, device IP and metadata (such as device type, browser type, etc.)
When we receive customer information from our Clients, those may be (but not limited to) biographical information (such as customer name, email address and date of birth), purchase behavior, etc.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
Satsum may use the personal information we collect in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website and Services
- To improve customer service
- To process payment transactions
- To create reports
- To send you periodic emails and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our Service
Some cookies are necessary for the operation of our website, if you choose to block them some aspects of the site may not work for you. However, if you would like to disable cookies, you can do so in your Internet browser. You can disable or control cookies through your Security settings, usually found in the options/settings of the browser. Alternatively, you can access these controls through you browser’s Help section.
Do we share any information with outside parties?
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your personal information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request.
- Our partners, who provide us with IT and support services to help us manage and store information. so long as those parties agree to keep this information conﬁdential
- We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. We will endeavour to provide you with notice prior to the transfer of your personal information to the new entity.
We take the privacy of your personal information very seriously, and use a number of methods to try to keep it secure from loss or unauthorized use or access when it is in our possession or control, including reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures which restrict who may access your personal information. For example, your personal information is encrypted when stored or transmitted by us using secure socket technology (SSL).
Where required by applicable laws, we will notify you of any loss of or unauthorized access to your personal information and comply with the appropriate regulatory authorities in investigating such incidents, in accordance with applicable laws.